Friday, June 25, 2010

Perfume Design Awards - Adult Prize

Just getting round to posting all my work from 4th year - sorry neglected blog!

The first brief I attempted at the start of 4th year was the Penguin Design Awards brief. This years chosen novel was Perfume: The Story of Murderer by Patrick Suskind. The main thing I enjoyed was experimenting with lino-printing in our studio - its important to just mess around sometimes as a designer. The main concept of the novel I chose to express was the idea that we cannot judge a person by their appearance, that a murderer can be anyone. In illustrating hands I wanted to illustrate the idea of anonymity and allow there to be some mystery and intrigue that would hopefully make the viewer want to read the book.

I created 2 different Final Outcomes, both using handmade graphic design and/or print techniques.




Final Cover


Front Cover II


No comments: